Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Sexy and I Know It

Apparently, everyone from Ricky Martin and the Glee cast to my 9yo cousin has got the moves.

When I saw my baby cousin donning a colorful clown wig dancing to “Sexy and I Know It” I felt, well, a little old.

The last time I remember being able to bust a move like that was when people still said things like bust a move. At least it feels that way. And the last time I remember going out dancing escapes me. Probably because it was before our first kid came along. Gosh, has it really been that long?

When I was in my twenties, and even before that, I'd go out with my girlfriends. Then I’d go occasionally with my husband and a bunch of other crazy young professionals, but even then, the ladies were the ones who really wanted to dance, the guys seemed to spend a lot of time talking and drinking.

I still enjoy dancing, it just happens less often in Da Club and more often in my living room. Where I rock out with the kiddos to the beat of Baby Einstein and modern groups covering classics such as “Wheels on the Bus.”

We do play lots of other music in our home like Blues, Jazz, and classics from the 80s & 90s, although, I have a hard time considering any of these songs classics, er, oldies, but a few of them are playing on those stations. And I have to believe watching a mom and dad doing the Running Man must look ridiculous. I was a kid once, and I’m fairly sure that blank stares and eye rolls mean it's not cool.

So we try to keep it G-rated until after the kids are in bed. Then, anything goes. Often you’ll hear us bringin’ da noise when we stand up and sit down (creak and groan). Sometimes it’s fun to see who can do the ‘fall asleep’ move faster. Good times.

Really though, I should get my mom friends together and see if we can go out on the town. Although, what kind of dance moves should I practice before we hit the club? I found these dance moves from the cast of Jersey Shore, but I’m not sure anyone should be taking style advice from these guys. On second thought, maybe I’ll stick with the electric slide. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...