Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Reads—Friday, Finally


The weekend is finally here! Woo-hoo! Too bad I have work to finish before Monday, but I still say, “Cheers to the weekend!”
Here are a few books to start the weekend right.

The Drunken Botanist by Amy Stewart. I want to get this book. Maybe it’s equal parts clever title, history and cocktail charm.

Watching Suits this week reminded me of Macbeth, which reminded me of William Shakespeare, which lead to an online search. What popped up in the sidebar? Antigone. The play reminded me of a group of drama students from a small liberal arts school – the same one in the news this week getting one of the largest single gifts in higher education history. Go Colonels!

Primetime Princess by Lindy DeKoven. As former Executive VP of NBC Entertainment, DeKoven has an insider’s perspective. I just wonder how this book reads. I guess I’ll put it on my Goodreads shelf until I find some time for this primetime novel.

SYOAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...