Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Settling in and building momentum

Isn't Friday a great day? Even if you have to head to work at 6am, or maybe something crazy late, if you get the weekend "off" then Friday rocks! I put off in quotes because there are so many people with smartphones and jobs that never quite shut down, the weekend is more like a long coffee break. But, maybe it's just me who thinks this. 

Anyway, I'm settling in for a weekend of family time, snow shoveling, writing, editing and hopefully, some movie watching. So, while I plan to relax there are things to do, lots of them. 

Whether you have fun, chores or work planned, try to make some time to relax. Even if it's only for a little while. My mind may be racing, and my To-dos piling up, but I made sure to stir up some hot cocoa this afternoon. It was my way of capping off the week and settling in for the long weekend. 

If you're a regular reader, Thank You! You might already know it's been a race these last few months to complete my book. I hoped to have it published before our grandma passed away, but I just couldn't work fast enough. She was an amazing person, and well-read. I'd hoped to get her advice on what I did right, and maybe a little constructive criticism on what needed changed before it got launched to the public. Plus, it would have been nice to show her I could do it. 

Thank goodness we have family and friends who will see me get published, but there is a sadness about this I just can't shake. Instead of losing my way and stopping completely I took a break, shed a lot of tears, and got back to it. Now, I'm building momentum again. 

I invite you to join this journey. Be sure to check back in the coming weeks for some cool previews, updates and giveaways. If you want, you can even share the news with your friends, and their friends. Blog subscribers will get some cool swag, so make sure to sign up to receive my updates. It would be helpful, and very kind of you to do so. 

The plan is to publish this work before grandma's birthday anniversary, so I have to get back to work. Here's to a happy, positive and productive 2014! Enjoy your weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...