Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Work on Thanksgiving?

Don't we already work on Thanksgiving? Cooking, eating, watching, or playing football then panicking about the fact 2015 is basically a month away? 

Let's not work any more than we already do. And let's give others a break. People deserve to spend the holiday with family, friends, pets—away from work. While I may want to get a jump-start on shopping, I don't really need to do it before the turkey is cold. 

Having busted my hump at retail jobs and event installs during the holidays (in past lives), I cherished the actual holidays because I knew I'd get at least one day off. A day to enjoy family time, celebrate, and catch my breath. It was how I survived. Along with tons of help from family, friends, and food/coffee/sweets, you get the idea. So, if we get the day off, it seems only fair everyone should. 

As Costco puts it, “Our employees work especially hard during the holiday season and we simply believe that they deserve the opportunity to spend Thanksgiving with their families.”

Well said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...