Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Reading Therapy

There was a recent article in The New Yorker that got me wondering about the benefits of reading. Reading can entertain us, transport us to other worlds, get us react with anger, empathy, feel a range of emotions, and sometimes take action, but can it make us happier? I think a lot depends on the reader and what they're reading.

The author explains 'bibliotherapy' and gives several examples of book prescriptions. There are people who feel strongly enough about book therapy they've made it their career. While the article is lengthy, there is a lot of good stuff to think about as you read it. It gave me a few ideas for literary fiction I may just have to add to my reading list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...